Graduates of this program are qualified for railway route planning, railway substructures and track design, design of railway technical structures such as bridges, tunnels, cuttings, retaining walls, etc.
Some of the track engineering related laboratories of the thec department are as follows:
• Track Components: for static and dynamic tests of track, sleepers and fastenings
• Track Materials: for tests on concrete and concrete sleepers
• Track Substructure: for tests on mechanical and physical characteristics of ballast
• Soil and rock mechanics: for tests on physical and mechanical characteristics of soil and rock
• Track maintenance workshop: this workshop is designed for introducing the devices and facilities for welding rails and maintenance of tracks Some of the main courses offered by this department are as follows:
Route design, Railway substructure, Railway track mechanics, Tunneling, Track Maintenance and etc.