University: Iran University of Science and Technology. IUST
Faculty: School of Railway Engineering
Department: Rail Transportation
Phone: 09123185306, 0217491029-30, IUST Extension 3510
Fax: 02177451568, 02122862546
ResercerID Profile: Hossein Ghahramani
Orcid Profile : Hossein Ghahramani
Google Scholar Profile : Hossein Ghahramani
PhD: Transportation Planning and Engineering, Civil Engineering Department, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, 1996
MSc: Transportation Planning, Civil Engineering Department, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA, 1978
BSc: Civil Engineering, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran, 1974
• Road Engineering Association of Asia & Australasia (REAAA)
• Iranian Association of Rail Transportation
• Iranian Society of Consulting Engineers
• Iranian Society of Transportation Engineers
• Iranian Construction Engineers Organization
• Iranian Society of Civil Engineers
1-School of Railway Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran , Iran
Period: 1999- now
Position: Faculty member
Responsibilities: Chairman of Rail Transportation Department, Deputy of Education SRE
• Engineering economy,
• Transportation planning,
• Railway route location and design,
• Economical and technical aspects of railway route location,
• Transportation demand analysis,
• Transportation economy,
• System Dynamics
2- Civil Engineering Department, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Kerman, Iran
Period: 1979- 1999
Position: Faculty member
Responsibilities: Chairman of Civil Engineering Department
• Civil engineering technical English,
• Highway engineering,
• Transportation engineering,
• Traffic engineering,
• Engineering economy,
• Railway engineering
• Guidelines for the design and safety of sign posts,Transportation Research Center, Ministry of Roads and Transportation.
• Transportation and traffic engineering studies for the city of Shahrkord, Municipality of Shahrkord and Traffic Office of Municipalities Organization, Ministry of Interior.
• Transportation and traffic engineering studies for the city of Saveh, Municipality of Saveh and Traffic Office of Municipalities Organization, Ministry of Interior.
• Comprehensive Transportation planning for the city of Yazd, Municipality of Yazd and Higher Council of Cities Traffic Coordination, Ministry of Interior.
• Specifications for traffic safety of road bridges, Transportation Research Center, Ministry of Roads and Transportation.
• Transportation and traffic Studies for the city of Boroojerd, Boroojerd Municipality and Traffic Office of Municipalities Organization, Ministry of Interior.
• Transportation and traffic planning and design,
• Highway and railway geometric design,
• System Dynamics Simulation,
• Transportation Economics Studies.
1) A probabilistic Modell for vehicle arrivals at a point, MSc Thesis, Civil Engineering Department, NC State University, Raliegh North Carolina, USA, June 1978
2) Traffic Engineering, Theory and Practice, Ghahramani H, et al, Book translated to Farsi from the original copy by Pignataro L. J., 1995 (1374),Tehran Transportation and Traffic Organization.
3) Urban Transportation Planning Using System Dynamic Approach, Civil Engineering Department, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, 1996
4) Railway Engineering Theory and Practice, Ghahramani H, Hoseingholian M, Book translated to Farsi from the original copy by V. A. Profilidis, 1998 (1377), IUST Publications
5) Principle of Highway Engineering and Traffic Analysis, Ghahramani H, Hoseingholian M, Book translated to Farsi from the original copy by Mannering and Kilaresky, 2002 (1381), IUST Publication
1) Development of an integrated urban transportation-land use dynamic model and its potential application, Ghahramani H, Indian Roads Congress Journal,
Vol 6, Part 1, May 1999, India
1) Effect of parking cost and availability on modal split, using System Dynamics approach, International Conference On Roads and Road Transport, ICORT 95, University of Roorkee (UP), December 1995, India.
2) A model for the evaluation of parking supply and mass transportation systems patronage interactions, using System Dynamics approach, First Iranian Traffic Engineering Conference, November 1994, Tehran, Iran
3) Use of System Dynamics approach for the development planning of new towns, Fourth Iranian Traffic Engineering Conference, February 1998, Tehran, Iran
4) Energy conservation in motor industry with special reference to logistics models for environmental impact assessment, Ghahramani H, Bindra S P, Energy Conservation Industry and Its Effect on the Environment Symposium, September 2002, Tripoli, Libya
5) Railway and railway engineering education in the Islamic Republic of Iran, International Seminar to Establish the African Scientific Railway Association, 27th January 2002, Alkhoms, Libya
6) Demand and ticket price elasticity analysis in the southern railway line of the Islamic Republic of Iran, COMPRAIL IX Conference, 2004, Dresden, Germany
7) A location model for pedestrian crossings in arterial streets, Urban Transport X Conference, 2004, Dresden, Germany
8) A Model for locating high accident points in two lane rural roads using geometric characteristics, Second Road Safety Conference, 2006, Dubai, UAE
9) Techno-economical investigations for the innovation of heavy road transportation fleet in Iran, 8th Tehran Traffic and Transportation Conference, 2007, Tehran, Iran
10) A fuzzy multi-criteria decision making model for railway route location problem, ICRARE 2009, 27-28 September 2009, IUST, Tehran, Iran
11) Comparison of assignment methods for locomotive routing problem with multi-depots, ICRARE 2009, 27-28 September, 2009, IUST, Tehran, Iran
12) A System Dynamics model for the provision of rolling stocks in the IRI Railways, 10th International Conference on Traffic and Transportation Engineering, 23-24 November 2010, Tehran, Iran
13) An assessment of freight transportation market of the IRI Railways Company, using System Dynamics approach, 10th International Conference on Traffic and Transportation Engineering, 23-24 November 2010, Tehran, Iran
14) Programming train movement timetabling using combined genetic-cuckoo search algorithm, 5th International Conference of Iranian Association of Operations Research, Shahid Madani University, 16-17 May 2012, Tabriz, Iran
15) A fuzzy model for optimization of rail network reliability considering budget limitation, and its solution using Genetic-fuzzy algorithm, 14th International Railway Transportation Conference, 10-11 October 2012, Tehran, Iran
16) A solution for train scheduling problem using cuckoo search algorithm, 14th International Railway Transportation Conference, 10-11 October 2012, Tehran, Iran
17) A dynamic model for the simulation of air pollution due to urban transportation systems, case study of Tehran , 9th International Industrial Conference, 23-24 October 2012, Khaje Nasiredin Toosi University, Tehran, Iran